How to Balance Your CheckbookMonth______________19______
Steps for Balancing a Checkbook
- Write balance shown in bank statement on line 1.
- Sort deposit slips and checks into two groups. Divide
automatic teller machine slips into deposits (put with deposit
slips) and cash withdrawal, transfers and payments (put with
- Verify with your checkbook and automatic teller receipts
you've kept. Note any uncredited deposits on chart 2, and any
withdrawals made, but not on statement on chart 4.
- Add uncredited deposits on chart 2. Enter total amount on line
3. Add to bank statement total (line 1). Enter answer on subtotal
- Add withdrawals made but not on statement in chart 4. Enter
total on line 6. Subtract from subtotal 5 and enter new subtotal on
- Note any service charges or other bank charges which have not
been subtracted from checkbook. Enter total amount on line 8.
- Subtract line 8 from subtotal line 7. Enter answer on line 9,
current checking account balance.
- Note new balance in checkbook and adjust record if needed.
flowchart for balancing checkbook
flowchart to balance a checkbook
how to balance a checkbook chart
balancing your checkbook flowchart